Morsels of Excellence
This is our first VLOG series and we hope it will be meaningful for you! These Morsels are intended to enhance and inform ministry in your local church. Each month (by the 15th), we will post a short video and discussion questions for your leadership team to engage each month.
We urge you to take the time to view these videos as a group. All are 5 minutes or less and are designed to begin a conversation and a learning journey to enhance your ministry.
After viewing the videos, please spend 5 minutes or so with one or two of the discussion questions that follow. Engage the questions for growth. Each video will include a scripture passage, read it and read it again. Ask questions. Grow spiritually.
Your ministry will be enhanced.
There is a feedback form included with the discussion questions each month and we would love to hear from you! How did these morsels feed your soul and nourish your ministry?
Please save the following dates. Details to follow…
- February 19: 12:30-3:30pm MEF: Ministry in an Election Year (Register) with Rev. Carrie Call at St. Thomas UCC, Linglestown Rd., Harrisburg (3 hours) What is the appropriate way to talk about politics in church? How do we diffuse the political rhetoric and bring believers of different positions closer together as members of a congregation? We will explore some answers to these and other questions. Bring your own experiences to share as we consider how to approach the charged political atmosphere of these days.
- March 18: 12:30-3:30pm MEF: Civility, Empathy and Well Being in Community (Register) with Therapist Judith Kennedy, MS, MA, NCC, LPC at St. Thomas UCC, Lingelstown Rd, Harrisburg (3 hours) Therapist Judith Kennedy from the Samaritan Counseling Center in Lancaster will be with us to lead a discussion on the health benefits of community connection, the challenges and rewards of true community, listening and being present with differences.
- April 22: 12:30-1:30pm MEF: Recognizing and Responding to Disruption in Community (Register) or Life Together: Its Challenges and Rewards with Scott Watts at St. Thomas UCC, Linglestown Rd, Harrisburg (3 hours)
All forums are for clergy. They will be held at
St. Thomas UCC – 6490 Linglestown Road – Harrisburg, PA 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Light refreshments will be served.
- March 9: 9:00am Mercersburg Ministerium – Spiritual Care in the Congregation with Rev. Nora Foust (2 hours)
- May 7: 10:00am-1:00pm Retired and Supply Boundary Awareness (Register) with Rev. Sally Dries and Rev. Nora Foust @ Harrisburg PCC Office (2 hours)
- The Center for Progressive Renewal (Register) offers 6 units of boundary training on-line.
**All clergy must accumulate 6 distinct hours every 3 years!**
Child Abuse History Clearances:
The state of Pennsylvania requires that volunteers and employees undergo background checks. Here are the three background checks they require:
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
- Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI)