Please save the following dates. Details to follow…
- March 18: 12:30-3:30pm MEF: Civility, Empathy and Well Being in Community (Register) with Therapist Judith Kennedy, MS, MA, NCC, LPC at St. Thomas UCC, Lingelstown Rd, Harrisburg (3 hours) Therapist Judith Kennedy from the Samaritan Counseling Center in Lancaster will be with us to lead a discussion on the health benefits of community connection, the challenges and rewards of true community, listening and being present with differences.
- April 22: 12:30-1:30pm “Building Community Within and Beyond the Building” (Register)
Rev. Nora Foust and Rev. Dr. Carrie Call will give information about the various labels that UCC churches use as public marks of love including: Accessible to All, Creation Justice, Economic Justice, Immigrant Welcoming, Intercultural/Multi-racial, Just Peace, Global Mission, ONA, WISE for Mental Health and Faithful and Welcoming. They will also share their document “The Marks of a Healthy Local Church” which was done in partnership with Rev. Dr. Bonnie Bates of the PNEC and Rev. Sharon Morris of the PSEC. (This will not include boundary training credits)
All forums are for clergy. They will be held at
St. Thomas UCC – 6490 Linglestown Road – Harrisburg, PA 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Light refreshments will be served.
- March 9: 9:00am Mercersburg Ministerium – Spiritual Care in the Congregation with Rev. Nora Foust (2 hours)
- April 21: 9:30am and 6:30pm – Central Ministerium in Lewisburg Spiritual Care in the Congregation with Rev. Nora Foust (2 hours)
- April 30: 9:30am – York Ministerium place TBA Spiritual Care in the Congregation with Rev. Nora Foust (2 hours)
- May 14: 12:30PM (lunch) 1:00PM-3:00PM (boundary training) – Redeemer in Littlestown for Gettysburg Ministerium Spiritual Care in the Congregation with Rev. Nora Foust (2 hours)
- May 7: 10:00am-1:00pm Retired and Supply Boundary Awareness (Register) with Rev. Sally Dries and Rev. Nora Foust @ Harrisburg PCC Office (2 hours)
- The Center for Progressive Renewal (Register) offers 6 units of boundary training on-line.
**All clergy must accumulate 6 distinct hours every 3 years!**
Child Abuse History Clearances:
The state of Pennsylvania requires that volunteers and employees undergo background checks. Here are the three background checks they require:
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
- Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI)
Morsels of Excellence
This is our first VLOG series and we hope it will be meaningful for you! These Morsels are intended to enhance and inform ministry in your local church. Each month (by the 15th), we will post a short video and discussion questions for your leadership team to engage each month.
We urge you to take the time to view these videos as a group. All are 5 minutes or less and are designed to begin a conversation and a learning journey to enhance your ministry.
After viewing the videos, please spend 5 minutes or so with one or two of the discussion questions that follow. Engage the questions for growth. Each video will include a scripture passage, read it and read it again. Ask questions. Grow spiritually.
Your ministry will be enhanced.
There is a feedback form included with the discussion questions each month and we would love to hear from you! How did these morsels feed your soul and nourish your ministry?