Committees on Ministry
Each of the eight Associations of the Penn Central Conference has a Committee on Ministry/Church and Ministry Committee that oversees the standing of authorized ministers and local churches.
Although each Committee may be organized differently and have some variations in practice, they all use the UCC Manual on Ministry as the basis of their work. As of 2017, there is a new draft Manual on Ministry that is in discussion and discernment among the committees. Please be in touch with your local COM chair (hotlink to COM contacts) for questions specific to your journey.
In addition, representatives from the 9 Committees form the Conference Church and Ministry Commission that seeks to create common practices where possible and strengthen each other’s work.
They have created the Penn Central Conference Manual (hotlink to CoM committees) which is a document with common understandings, recommended best practices, and resources that Committees have offered to other Committees for their use.
The following persons serve as chairperson of the Association Committees:
- Central Association
- Gary Nottis, co-chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Williams, co-chair email@example.com
- Gettysburg Association
- Rev. Sue Fritz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harrisburg Association
- Co-Chairs: Rev. Jeff Wagner email@example.com
- Terry McGarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lancaster Association
- Rev. Jim Haun (Committee on Church and Authorized Ministers) email@example.com
- Carrie Call (MID Committee) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lebanon Association
- Rev. Julie Beall email@example.com
- Mercersburg Association
- Rev. Mark Ruzicka firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Association
- Rev. Julie Holm email@example.com
- York Association
- Rev. Ron Oelrich firstname.lastname@example.org