Committees on Ministry
Each of the eight Associations of the Penn Central Conference has a Committee on Ministry/Church and Ministry Committee that oversees the standing of authorized ministers and local churches.
Although each Committee may be organized differently and have some variations in practice, they all use the UCC Manual on Ministry as the basis of their work. As of 2017, there is a new draft Manual on Ministry that is in discussion and discernment among the committees. Please be in touch with your local COM chair (hotlink to COM contacts) for questions specific to your journey.
In addition, representatives from the 9 Committees form the Conference Church and Ministry Commission that seeks to create common practices where possible and strengthen each other’s work.
They have created the Penn Central Conference Manual (hotlink to CoM committees) which is a document with common understandings, recommended best practices, and resources that Committees have offered to other Committees for their use.
The following persons serve as chairperson of the Association Committees:
- Central Association
- Gary Nottis, co-chair email@example.com
- Linda Williams, co-chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gettysburg Association
- Rev. Sue Fritz email@example.com
- Harrisburg Association
- Co-Chairs: Rev. Jeff Wagner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terry McGarry email@example.com
- Lancaster Association
- Rev. Jim Haun (Committee on Church and Authorized Ministers) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruth Raia (MID Committee) – email@example.com
- Lebanon Association
- Rev. Julie Beall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercersburg Association
- Rev. Mark Ruzicka email@example.com
- Northern Association
- Rev. Monica Ouellette firstname.lastname@example.org
- York Association
- Rev. Ron Oelrich email@example.com