Committees on Ministry
Each of the eight Associations of the Penn Central Conference has a Committee on Ministry/Church and Ministry Committee that oversees the standing of authorized ministers and local churches.
Although each Committee may be organized differently and have some variations in practice, they all use the UCC Manual on Ministry as the basis of their work. Please be in touch with your local COM chair (hotlink to COM contacts) for questions specific to your journey.
In addition, representatives from the 9 Committees form the Conference Church and Ministry Commission that seeks to create common practices where possible and strengthen each other’s work.
The following persons serve as chairperson of the Association Committees:
- Central Association
- Jane Compton, co-chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carolyn Herman, co-chair email@example.com
- Gettysburg Association
- Rev. Dr. Fred Young firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harrisburg Association
- Rev. Brian Damrow email@example.com
- Lancaster Association
- Rev. Dan Shahan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne Rankin email@example.com
- Rev. Patty Dodds firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lebanon Association
- Rev. Tony Fields email@example.com
- Mercersburg Association
- Rev. Mark Ruzicka firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Association
- Rev. Dave Downer email@example.com
- York Association
- Rev. Danielle Neff firstname.lastname@example.org