Committees on Ministry
Each of the eight Associations of the Penn Central Conference has a Committee on Ministry/Church and Ministry Committee that oversees the standing of authorized ministers and local churches.
Although each Committee may be organized differently and have some variations in practice, they all use the UCC Manual on Ministry as the basis of their work. Please be in touch with your local COM chair (hotlink to COM contacts) for questions specific to your journey.
In addition, representatives from the 9 Committees form the Conference Church and Ministry Commission that seeks to create common practices where possible and strengthen each other’s work.
The following persons serve as chairperson of the Association Committees:
- Central Association
- Gary Nottis, co-chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marian Anderson, co-chair email@example.com
- Gettysburg Association
- Rev. Sue Fritz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harrisburg Association
- Co-Chairs: Rev. Jeff Wagner email@example.com
- Terry McGarry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lancaster Association
- Rev. Jim Haun (Committee on Church and Authorized Ministers) email@example.com
- Lebanon Association
- Rev. Julie Beall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercersburg Association
- Rev. Mark Ruzicka email@example.com
- Northern Association
- Rev. Julie Holm firstname.lastname@example.org
- York Association
- Rev. Ron Oelrich email@example.com